Maywood Park History
Maywood Park has its harness racing roots back to a time when the racetrack was surrounded by a dense forest. It was originally the home of Cook County Fairground where non-wagering harness racing purse programs used to take place in 1933. The owner, a lawyer in profession, Arthur T. Galt, Sr. established a racetrack at Maywood Park and introduced harness racing at Illinois in 1946. Galt passed away in 1968 leaving his premier half-mile standard racetrack in North America.
More About Maywood Park
Free Admission, Racing Program, Meal, Customized Tickets, VIP Photo in Winner s Circle, VIP Ride in Maywood Park s Starter Car Private Buffet Packages The Sulky Club Dinner Package, Windy City Club Package Indoor Trade Show Facility available 7 days a week day or night, thousands of square feet available, 25 minutes from Downtown Chicago, seating capacity for thousands, accommodates hundreds of vendors with 10 x 10 booths, full service food beverage, private meeting banquet rooms, tables chairs, tiled flooring, lighted parking for thousands of vehicles.
Racing Dates: 2011-01-06 until 2011-12-30
How to get there:
Maywood is situated along busy North Avenue between First and Fifth Avenues, less than 10 miles west of Chicago s bustling downtown area, 10 miles south of O Hare and 17 miles from the Chicago Loop.